Thursday, November 17, 2011

School Lunch


If you were born in Japan and grew up in Japan, does this lunch remind you of your school days?
This is the typical school lunch in Japan; rice, soup, fish or meat, vegetables, fruits and milk. Last week I went to the elementary school in Makuhari to support English classes as a volunteer. After the class, the teachers served us school lunch! I haven't had school lunch for a while, so I was very excited as if I got back to the elementary school!!!

Actually there are many kinds of school lunch among Japan. This picture on the right side is exactly what I have eaten in junior high school.
When I was in junior high, I didn't care about eating rice with milk, but now I cannot believe I eat rice and soup with milk together...
Anyway, Japaneseschool lunch is very healthy and well-balanced:) I like it!
Then, what kind of school lunch are eaten in other countries? I found some pictures of school lunch from some articles and blogs. I don't know whether it is true or not, though.


Korean school lunch
Rice, Kimchi, Banana, Kind of Noodle, Some Green and Soup.
How do they eat soup? With spoon? If anyone knows how to do it, please tell me!


Malawian School Lunch

They have lots of beans......isn't it too much?

Swedish School Lunch
I cannot figure out what is served on the plate but looks healthy!

French School Lunch
I love cheesecake!!! I want to eat it! But there are too much fries...

 American School Lunch (Healthy Ver.)
Low-fat milk, lots of beans and fruits! It looks very healthy:)


 American School Lunch 2

Apple sauce, Chocolate milk, Hash brown, Chiken Nuggets.
It doesn't look healthy and well-balanced....
I want to try it just once.

There are so many kinds of school lunch and it is influenced by their food culture.
After all, I do love Japanese food the best.

3 comments:

  1. This is so interesting! I think the french lunch is the craziest with yogurt, artichokes, french fries,cheesecake and maybe some sort of clam in the back? It all looks like random items not a meal. It's also interesting that almost all the meals include milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love school lunch in Japan too! I think we have less time to drink milk compared with the time in elementary school or junior high school. When I was elementary school student, teachers strongly told us to eat everything. I am able to understand why he said so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think school lunch is only Japanese culture but I found there are many style of school lunch. when I saw your blog, I also think Japanese school lunch is the best. It looks healty.(actually it is well balance)
    However, I love Agepan(a kind of doughnut). It is not healty but so delicious, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete